THE BELMONT COUNTY HERITAGE MUSEUM
Celebrating Belmont County's History
May Featured Exhibit
HONORING OUR VETERANS - ON LOAN FROM AMERICAN LEGION POST 159
Medal of Honor Recipients - Sergeants Sylvester Antolak and Emile Deleau, Jr.
Distinguished Service Awards of Captain John Puch
Uniforms from the Vietnam War belonging to
Captain John Puch
OUR MOST RECENT EXHIBITS
Belmont County's Strong Roots
RUTH MAGUIRE SCHOOL OF NURSING
We now house artifacts from the Ruth Maguire School of Nursing which was located in Martins Ferry, Ohio. Look for them on display this year.
NATIONAL IMPERIAL GLASS
For eighty years Imperial produced a diverse array of hand-crafted glass items. At the onset, production ranged from utilitarian glassware to electric and gas lampshades. Then over the next twenty years the company transitioned to making pressed patterns, Iridescent Ware (early Carnival), Free Hand and Lead Lustre. Depression & Elegant patterns, beverage ware, Cathay and Milk Glass would follow from the 1930's to 1950's. Slag Glass, reissued Carnival, Collectors Crystal, Peachblow, and numerous gift-type glassware would be made before the company would close its doors in 1984.
Hopalong Cassidy Exhibit
This display of items from the collection of Laura Bates, who owned and operated the Hopalong Cassidy Museum in Cambridge, Ohio, pays tribute to Hendrysburg native and seriel cowboy star William Boyd. As “Hoppy” Boyd starred in 66 motion pictures and marketed over 2,400 products bearing his name and likeness.
Frizzi Market Display
Frizzi Market in West Bellaire market was started by the Frizzi family in 1919 and closed after 100 years of family ownership. This display includes items from the store such as grocery carts, scales, postage stamp machine, and product packaging.